- Q?WHAT DOES OUR FEES COVERED?
We do our best to estimate the overall cost of the teams for each season. As a non-profit we strive to give back to the players as much as possible.
Below is a general list of items that the fee will cover. Different age group may have different fees as we may have additional court time or participate in more or different tournaments.
gym space for 2x week pratices
8 regional tournaments (entrance fee)
(2) 3-days tournaments (entrance fee, Cap Classic and East Coast Championship)
High quality Jersey
Coaches and Volunteers stipend
Club’s operational fees ( taxes,banking,registration, we site, certifications etc..)
Scrimmage facility fees
Team party at the end of the year ( if there’s money left)
- Q?WHERE DO WE REGISTER FOR USAV MEMBERSHIP?
- Q?WHAT TOURNAMENT DO WE PLAY IN?
MBVB Club teams participate in 8 regional tournaments, a 3-day Capital Classic Tournament in DC and an additional 2 days tournament out of town. That’s a total of 14 days of tournament play. We also participate in the First Rite of Summer Beach Doubles Tournament at the end of the year in Rehoboth, DE. The Beach tournament is an optional tournament as some of the players prefer not to attend. Entrance fee and accommodation are additional.
Tournament locations are offered by the USAV Regions at the beginning of each season. Our Representative and Coordinators will choose the tournaments for MBVB to enter. Our philosophy is to do local tournaments only with several longer drive (1-2 hours) tournaments to ensure that we can get play time.
This is roughly how it works:
1. Tournament schedule is released by CHRVA.
2. We request to enter the tournament of our choice for the full season (with back up plans if we can’t get into a particular tournament location. *** We will be notified 2 weeks prior to the tournament whether or not we’ve been accepted to the tournament and will have to be ready to play.
3. We submit a payment with each submission, if we are not accepted they will rip the check.
4. If your player cannot attend (for whatever reason, we cannot refund you for the tournament missed).
5. The coaches are allowed to “pull up”, U17 can pull a U16-15 player to fill a position or we can pull a player from our “Practice” group up to play for any of the club teams that may need replacements.
6. We will strive to have 2 away tournament where the entire club will travel outside of our 30 mile radius for an overnight tournament. This will be great fun for the families and allow the club for some team bonding. All overnight trips are paid for by the families.
- Q?WHAT IS THE TRYOUT PROCESS?
We will have 2 tryout facilities this year. The primary location is in Ashburn VA and our secondary location is at Galilee UMC, 45425 Winding Rd, Sterling, VA 20165. We will post more information soon.
We will field all age group this year. U14,15,16,17 and 18. We’ll have several make up opportunities for players who may have conflicts.
Players must present current USAV membership card at tryout. See FAQ for instructions
Tryout fee is $15.00 non-refundable. (Pays for court time)
Must know 6-2 or 5-1 system and familiar with Club rules
Offer may be extended at the end of tryout or an email will be send to players after tryout concludes
The club will accept the first 10 commitments for each team.
A deposit is required upon acceptance
first payment is due at signing
Second Payment is at the end of January
Remaining Payment is at the end of the year ( incidentals, team specific requests.. such as additional tournaments that they want to play)