- Q?Who are the coaches? And what are their experience?
Our coaches’ detailed Bio are on our web site . When it comes to really understanding your daughter’s season, the club you chose or the cost may not even be a factor in their success, it’s really the individual coaches and the staff. We observed that most clubs have good coaches for their “top” teams but some of the larger clubs do not have enough qualified coaches for their select or club teams and resort to parent volunteers. Often time, the volunteer’s techniques and instructions are counterproductive to the progression of players. For younger players these bad habits can stay with them for a long time.
- Q?Can we play in more tournaments?
According to CHRVA Statistics on sets/match play, MB Volleyball teams played the most sets and matches of any club in CHRVA! We’ve maxed out the number of tournaments that each team can realistically played during the season. That said, there’s NO limits to how many more each team can play, the extra cost associated will be added to each team’s final fee if the team and coach decide to play in more tournaments. We fully encourage more play time.
- Q?What level of play will you be playing? Club or Open?
Each year the quality and experience of our players are getting better and more focused. Pending on the make-up of each age group, our goal is to split between Club and Open tournaments. Some team may opt to compete in Open Levels only. This is up to the team and coach to decide during the season. Assessment is required to make these decisions. We want the players to have a well-rounded opportunity to compete.
- Q?Do you have a U15 this year?
Yes, we are happy to announce a new U15 level. There were tremendous interest and turn out for this age group so we’re fielding a U15 team. Due to not fielding a U15 last year, our U16 team this season will have many open opportunities.
- Q?When is 2017-2018 Tryout?
The Pavilion, 43635 Greenway Corporate Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
U14,U15 Friday Nov 10th: 5-8pm
U16, U17 Sat Nov 11th: 8-11 am
U 14,15,16,17 Sun Nov 12th: 9am to 11 am
Tryout Make Up at Galilee
Monday Nov 13th
6:30-8 pm U14,15
8 to 9:30 U16,U17
Galilee: 45425 Winding Rd, Sterling, VA 20165
- Q?Where do you practice?
The Pavilion, 43635 Greenway Corporate Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
Galilee UMC: 45425 Winding Rd, Sterling, VA 20165
- Q?Age Definition
17 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2000
16 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001
15 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
14 and Under Division: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
- Q?WHAT DOES OUR FEES COVERED?
We do our best to estimate the overall cost of the teams for each season. As a non-profit we strive to give back to the players as much as possible.
Below is a general list of items that the fee will cover. Different age group may have different fees as we may have additional court time or participate in more or different tournaments.
gym space for 2x week pratices
Clinics space rentals
Additional practices ( as needed)
8 regional tournaments (entrance fee)
(2) 3-days tournaments (entrance fee, Cap Classic and East Coast Championship)
High quality Jersey
Coaches and Volunteers stipend
Club’s operational fees ( taxes,banking,registration, we site, certifications etc..)
Scrimmage facility fees
Team party at the end of the year ( if there’s money left)
- Q?WHERE DO WE REGISTER FOR USAV MEMBERSHIP?
- Q?WHAT TOURNAMENT DO WE PLAY IN?
MBVB Club teams participate in 8 regional tournaments, a 3-day Capital Classic Tournament in DC and an additional 2 days tournament out of town. That’s a total of 14 days of tournament play. We also participate in the First Rite of Summer Beach Doubles Tournament at the end of the year in Rehoboth, DE. The Beach tournament is an optional tournament as some of the players prefer not to attend. Entrance fee and accommodation are additional.
Tournament locations are offered by the USAV Regions at the beginning of each season. Our Representative and Coordinators will choose the tournaments for MBVB to enter. Our philosophy is to do local tournaments only with several longer drive (1-2 hours) tournaments to ensure that we can get play time.
This is roughly how it works:
1. Tournament schedule is released by CHRVA.
2. We request to enter the tournament of our choice for the full season (with back up plans if we can’t get into a particular tournament location. *** We will be notified 2 weeks prior to the tournament whether or not we’ve been accepted to the tournament and will have to be ready to play.
3. We submit a payment with each submission, if we are not accepted they will rip the check.
4. If your player cannot attend (for whatever reason, we cannot refund you for the tournament missed).
5. The coaches are allowed to “pull up”, U17 can pull a U16-15 player to fill a position or we can pull a player from our “Practice” group up to play for any of the club teams that may need replacements.
6. We will strive to have 2 away tournament where the entire club will travel outside of our 30 mile radius for an overnight tournament. This will be great fun for the families and allow the club for some team bonding. All overnight trips are paid for by the families.
- Q?WHAT IS THE TRYOUT PROCESS?
We will have 2 tryout facilities this year. The primary location is in Ashburn VA and our secondary location is at Galilee UMC, 45425 Winding Rd, Sterling, VA 20165. We will post more information soon.
We will field all age group this year. U14,15,16,17 . We’ll have several make up opportunities for players who may have conflicts.
Players must present current USAV membership card at tryout. See FAQ for instructions
Tryout fee is $20.00 non-refundable. (Pays for court time)
Must know 6-2 or 5-1 system and familiar with Club rules
Offer may be extended at the end of tryout or an email will be send to players after tryout concludes.
Our goal is to field 10 players per team, however due to the complex offer/acceptance process mandated by USAV and CHRVA each team may end up with 1 or 2 more players.
A deposit is required upon acceptance
first payment is due at signing
Second Payment is at the end of January
Remaining Payment is at the end of the year ( incidentals, team specific requests.. such as additional tournaments that they want to play)